Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:57:24 -0800 (PST)
From: "R.T. Sekhon" <rsekhon1@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc]

Thanks for the input Jim, James and Greg.
My trany has been acting up for awhile, so I have been acquiring (hording)
parts for about a year in anticipation of a rebuild or swap. I have a 12"
low stall torque converter from The Converter Shop, I have two supposedly
rebuilt transmission and torque converters sitting in my garage, along with
a D20. I have an oldish Transgo TF-2 reprogramming kit and a B&M shift kit
on the way. Part of this hording is because I'm a bit of a ebayaholic, and
cant pass up a great deal, the other side is that I thought I had a line on
a rust free 78 Scout, sans drive-train. You can't own just one! But, that
fell through.
Knowing it is going to be an ass whipping to R&R the trany, I only want to
do it once. Both of the loose tranys are unknown quantities, although they
are suppose to be, and do appear to be rebuilt. I can install one of the
shift kits and tranys, cross my fingers, and hope it was rebuilt Right, or I
can do a bullet proof rebuild with a shift kit, huge trany cooler, spin on
filter, temp guage, synthetic fluid, Red eagle frictions and Kolene steels,
Raybestos Kevlar bands and deeper pan with one of those new Mopar reusable
and leak proof pan gaskets. This rebuild will probably cost about $400-$500.
I could then un-hoard one, or both of the spares to free up some space.
Jason you reading this.

R.T. Sekhon
1979 Scout II
Dallas,TX