[ihc] RE: What a mess of spagetti, or how did that Terra get so Italian?

From: John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
To: Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>, George B Humphrey <xgbhx@domain.elided>
CC: <baradium@domain.elided>, <cookiedan@domain.elided>, <ihc@domain.elided>
Subject: What a mess of spagetti, or how did that Terra get so Italian?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:01:36 -0800
<snip>
on 3/25/04 11:05 AM, Tom Mandera at tsm1@domain.elided wrote:

> Feel the backside ("top") of your fuse panel. There's an extra prong on
> the passenger side, towards the mid to rear area.
>
> It goes "up" and it's only hot when the ignition is in the Run or Acc
> position.
>
> I use this to energize a relay which powers up my auxiliary fuse panel.
>
> -Tom Mandera, Helena MT

Thanks Tom, that's what George needed, and I may end up using myself.
Because I had the electronic ignition, my lead to the coil served me without
having to look at the fuse panel. But, now that I know about that prong, who
knows what more I might do.

You know something? The wiring in my Terra is now so complex that I could
never get anyone else to deal with it. Pro-jection, closed loop, MSD,
variable timing control, Unilite, separate circuit for fuel pump, Ford
solenoid, after-market gauges, and the list could go on, if I could remember
all of it. Ground wires from everywhere to everywhere. 4 relays, 4 or 5
circuit breakers, in line fuses, what a mess in spite of the fact that I
have it pretty well organized. I probably need to label every wire, but I
may not live that long.

I hope that there is general agreement that with the resistance circuit and
two coil feeds, it gets much more complex. It certainly did for me trying to
help George from afar.

John

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that you don't want the IGN or anything else IGN related on while the key is in the ACC position?

Thanks,
Ryan

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms  all in one place at MSN Money! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp