Re: [ihc] Mil-spec

At 7:30 AM -0800 3/26/04, Jim Grammer wrote:
IH content(!) - How 'bout all those military Loadstars? 24V? 'Mil spec'?
My '60 B184 was a US Army Ordnance Corps truck, lineset and inspection show now sign of 24V. Still has the military plaque under the hood. Seems like the only real 'special' order was the paint. :-)

4W&OR bought their truck at Vandenberg, about 50 miles from me. The going
rate on the couple of auctions I've followed was $900-1200. This for a CUCV
in obviously rough and otherwise unknown condition. I guess you could narrow
the field if you had time to pre-inspect the lots, but that was too much $$
for me to take a flyer on.
Jim
A buddy joined me at a DOT auction and paid $2600 for an ex-mil blazer. That's a big markup for a paint job and a swirly light on the roof. That's where emotion'll get you! Bid without it.

Also, at the GSA auction I've attended, and several I've checked online, Loadstars or their descendants are common. Also a good number of IH-chassis buses.

Best,
Joel
--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Boatman, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)