Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:03:12 -0700
From: Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Re: Humphrey's Coil Voltage

George B Humphrey wrote:

>            What does everyone else think. Is 4 ga on the small side?
Didn't Scouts
> come stock with 4ga wire?

FWIW, I run 4-gauge side-mount battery cables on all of my stuff from
the Ford solenoid to the starter.

Works fine with a NAPA Lifetime Starter on a 10.25:1 compression 304..
just like it did with the old junkyard starter I was using.. and equally
as well with a generic parts store rebuild starter and a worn out 304..