Re: [ihc] Tekonsha Prodigy Controller

on 3/24/04 2:56 PM, Tom Mandera at tsm1@domain.elided wrote:

> Greg Hermann wrote:
>
>> nope. that's what Tom and I were talking about. hydraulically actuated
>> electric trailer brakes.
>
> Funny.. just noticed a thread elsewhere about brake controllers..
> recommending the Prodigy unit.
>
> http://www.truckxpressions.com/truckaccessories/towingaccessories/tekonsha_pro
> digy.htm
>
> It would eliminate the need to "level" the controller, and get back to
> that "one adjustment - strength" feature like my old hydraulic unit had..
>
> Anyone with experience care to chime in?
>
> -Tom

Tom,

As I told you about a year ago, <g> if you have to have an electronic
controller, the Prodigy is the best of the lot. Now two years after
installing it on my Dodge, I am more sure than ever that this is the best of
the electronics.

Pretty much the only adjustment I ever have to make on it is to adjust it
for trailer weight. As you said, no need to level the controller. Also, it
allows you to choose how the braking is applied, most of it right away, or
more gradually, or whatever. Pretty neat feature.

How could you have so much on your mind that you forgot that I told you
about it? Darn!

John