Re: [ihc] making a 1/2T a 3/4T

Joel M Brodsky wrote:
Has anyone ever swapped axles from a Big3 truck running gear to make an IH
a 3/4T straight across?  I've had my share of dealing with IH specific
Not quite yet. It's been my intention for quite some time, though.

I have a Chevy 6-lug D44 front end I'm converting to 8 lug using some 10-bolt parts I have.. the plan is to put this 3.73 front end under my '74 100 4x4.. for the rear, I just happen to have an IH 3.73 D60 FF already, so that's the plan for the rear, tossing aside the 3.54 5 on 5.5 1/2T running gear.

Ford springs (looked at three different generations of truck today) have 3"
leaves and the perches are a tad wider (1" or thereabouts) and the springs
are longer by about 2" up to 4" longer.
Chevy front ends should bolt in. Several people have done it. No need to swap springs around, unless you want to.. and you're one of the guys that already did all of that research on finding a "lift" for your '75.

-Tom