[ihc] making a 1/2T a 3/4T

Has anyone ever swapped axles from a Big3 truck running gear to make an IH
a 3/4T straight across?  I've had my share of dealing with IH specific
problems, ie, weird seals, 6 bolt stub shafts instead of the more common
eight, wheels that may or may not fit, brakes that may or may not be
available, and bearings and rotors that are not 'off-the-shelf' at most
auto parts stores.

So, I want to make my 1/2T Travelall a 3/4T.  And this after having the
entire rear end overhauled to the tune of: I could have bought another
truck for that easy!

Ford springs (looked at three different generations of truck today) have 3"
leaves and the perches are a tad wider (1" or thereabouts) and the springs
are longer by about 2" up to 4" longer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
JoelB