Re: [ihc] Humphrey's Coil Voltage

Joel B said:

> George,
> If you are measuring from one side of the coil to the other, then you are
> measuring the voltage drop across the coil.
> The remaining voltage would be something like 12 - 4.2 , or 7.8V for you to
> power your solenoids.
> I'm not sure what you have in your truck or how it's set up, but measuring
> each side of the coil, to ground might give
> you a better understanding of what the voltages are and where they are
> going.
> Remember that a device requires 'juice' to work, and depending on how it's
> all set up it can draw down the voltage, the current or both.
> It all depends on the situation.

And my 2 cents are that + voltage is fed to one side of the coil at all times, and the other side is open (not
connected to anyting except the condenser) until connected to ground by the points or electronic ignition system.

-Jim in Mesa
Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved