Re: [ihc] Coil Voltage?

Dan,
	I do use a Pertronix Ignitor. I don't have to worry about burning out
the points. If I move the wire that is connected to the Delco solenoid on
the R terminal (which I am now realizing probably stands for Run) that
goes to the positive side of the coil over to the S (Start
circuit?)Terminal, I should get 12V to the coil, correct? Will I get 12V
in the start position, before cranking? I looked on the Binder Bulletin
website about the remote solenoid conversion. The article makes no
mention of what to do with the wire from the Delco solenoid to the coil.
I probably just left it where it was originally connected.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:35:08 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time) "Dan Nees"
<cookiedan@domain.elided> writes:
> George, >    What I mean is, the Start circuit is designed to pump 12
volts
> through
> the points for start-up, then the Run circuit drops it down to 5ish
> to save
> point degradation. If you are still using the points, then you
> should keep
> the R-S system, but; if you switched to a PerTronixs, for instance,
> then you
> could use the 12 volt R circuit all the time, allowing a hotter feed
> to the
> coil for spark development, and for the full 12 volts to the relay
> for the
> Injector system. Since you need 12 volts for the relay, and 5 for
> the points
> you shouldn't use the coil for the relay. >

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!