From: George B Humphrey
Date: 3/21/2004 6:13:08 PM
To: cookiedan@domain.elided
Cc: xgbhx@domain.elided; hofs@domain.elided; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [ihc] Coil Voltage?

Dan,
  If I put a wire from the remote solenoid where the other wires are
connected directly to the coil and the trigger to the relay connected to
the coil, wouldn't I have a continuously charged relay, even when the
ignition was off?

  No aftermarket ignition.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:19:18 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time) "Dan Nees"
<cookiedan@domain.elided> writes:
> George, >    Try running a wire direct to the coil from the battery and
see if
> that
> works. That would give you 12 volts direct. If that works, then
> switch the
> wire on the starter to the remote solenoid where you have the other
> wires
> attached.  >    You don't have an aftermarket ignition do you? If not
then just
> leave the
> 12 volts feed, the reason it drops to 5+ is to save the points from
> excessive wear. >

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of IMSTP.gif]