Re: [ihc] My SII/800 project, questions

= DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided wrote:
=>Greg,
=>
=>Its a 152 and 3 speed from a Scout 800 not a Scout 80 if that makes any
=>difference about the tranny input shaft length and/or whether it is a T 90
=trans.

bearbvd@domain.elided writes:

=No it doesn't. What fooled me was you talking about it having a Dana 18
=transfer case. If it came from a Scout 800 and is unmolested, it would have
=a Dana 20 case--with TWO shift levers. The rear output on these, like all
=Dana 20's, is centered, in line with the transmission and crankshaft axis.

=snipp=

=An 800A drive train is DIFFERENT from an 800. For starts, the t-case has
=only one lever. In a V-8 800's 7 800A's , the tranny (if a 3 speed) has a
=much longer transfer case adapter. The tranny covers have different hole
=locations from 4 to 8's !! Assortment of different driveshaft lengths,
=depending on engine AND tranny (3 vs 4 speed in the 800's, anyway).

Yes I know that the 800 and 800A drivetrains normally differ, and , sorry, I
did mis-speak when I said "I guess some of this is theoretical speculation
till I take the (stock?) 800A drivetrain out, split it up, and see exactly what I
have."

That should have read "(stock?) 800 drivetrain".

The 800A parts are from a different truck altogether.

It is an 800, not an 80.

Low windshield wipers on a non folding windshield, roll up windows, push
button door handles, "800" on the dash, tailgate has a single exterior latch
handle, but it does have the 2 stick "offset" output transfer case (D18) and the
offset pumpkin, tapered axle, rear D44, and a D27 front axle.

This truck may have been altered at some point in time. Maybe its an 800 with
80 drivetrain or an early 800 with 80 factory leftovers.

=>I just dragged it home today. Hopefully I can start wrenching on it before
=>the HOT sets in.

=Hey--it was our version of 'hot' here today--a lot of the snow pack on the
=alley floor is starting to go bye bye !!

=Greg

Snow pack? Wazzat? :D

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
A couple of Scout 800's