Re: [ihc] Re: "stuck valves"

Unless he wanted a blazer that would have originally had a 402 in it...

He thinks he can rebuild the IH motor for $500 (I wonder if he has his own
machine shop or something?).  He seems to be seriously considering
rebuilding the 345 and staying with it now.

I'll keep you all updated.

Any recommendations to tell him about what he should make sure to do for the
rebuild?

He's thinking new cam, new bearings, new rings, hone the block, oil pump
rebuild kit.

I told him already the block very well probobly doesn't need bored, just
scuffed cylinder walls, as well as that he needs to avoid the "perfect
circle" seals for the exhaust valves and buy new rod bolts.  Anything else?

Does anyone know if the new scout II oil pumps are in production yet?

Thanks,
Ryan