Re: [ihc] Cabin Insulation

John M. Adams wrote:

Hmm.. 100degF.
Hmmm.. 140degF!!

I take that as a solid indication that the project will be worth the
trouble. I plan on using self adhesive velcro strips to attach it, then
putting the floor mat back over it. But maybe there's some better ideas out
there? Thanks, -John A.
I think so. Very worthwhile.

I want to try and put the Reflectix in the engine bay, on that side of the firewall. Maybe the interior, too, though I *think* it'll be easier to get access to the engine bay side than the interior (no need to pull the dash).

On the inside, I'd like to put some Reflectix down on the floor and maybe parts of the firewall, along with some sound deadening material, before putting down a new floor mat and/or carpeting. Since this is my Travelette, my "nice" rig used for long hauls, I wouldn't mind some carpet. The Scouts, OTOH, have no business having carpet. :D

I'm not sure if I'll insulate the hood much/at all. I keep waffling between just adjusting the hood hinges to leave the rear of the hood open for extra cooling, louvering the hood for extra cooling, or louvering AND cowl induction..

I'll probably just leave it with the hood hinges mis-adjusted as much as they'll go to keep the cowl area open, and run a cold-air intake to the bumper.

Still need to round up the rest of the A/C parts eventually..

-Tom
'74 200 Travelette
'74 100 single-cab
'72 1110 T'all
'68 V8 800 (hers)
'72/74/77/77/79 Scout IIs
Mebbe two more pickups and two more T'alls in the near future..