[ihc] Selling '79 Scout

Back to college time for me so I am selling my '79
Scout Traveler I bought last summer.  With my wife and
I deciding we both need to work full time and go to
college I fear this Scout will be ignored and start to
feel bad about itself.  I always read
this digest and I wish I had more to contribute and I
do want to give ya'll first dibs on this machine.  It
has 106,000 on it now, starts on one turn, and runs
great.  4wd works great and really helped on the 1/2
day ofsnow we had here in Waxahachie, Texas, last
month.

The Scout was purchased up north and has rust in the
wheel wells but I have some sheet metal for that.  It
also has a block heater which is just a conversation
piece here in Texas.  I put new lifters in it because
of a bit of knocking so it leaks a little oil.  I plan
to look at that and a brake fluid leak in the
driver-side rear.  Brakes work fine and I just put new
pads on the front.  I will update ya'll on the work
because the oil and brake leaks should be finished
within the week, unless you want to come get it now.
The top is great, the back seat has original cover in
good shape, front seats have all-weather covers, and
dash has no cracks.  Speaking of cracks, I may have
lost control of a ratchet and cracked the windshield
the last time I put the top on.  I feel real
intelligent on that move.  I will throw in strap hooks
that hold the top up in my garage, making the removal
and replacement of the top about a 15 minute job when
I do it alone and about a 10 minute job with a little
help from the misses.  Tires are in good shape with
about 30000 still on them.  Please email me with any
questions.  I am asking $3,000.