[ihc] RE: ihc-digest V7 #371

Jim,

When I replaced the clutch in my 1310 I also replaced the pilot bearing
while in there. Then I was surprised to see that these were actually metric
sized bearings. Inner diameter 15mm, outer diameter 35mm. I got a sealed
replacement suited for elevated temp. levels for about $5.
The OEM bearing in my truck was already 11mm thick (.433") and so is the
replacement I got.
Now that you came up with this subject I dug up the old bearing and
inspected it for signs of having been side-loaded but I can't see none.

Paul