Re: [ihc] RE: Clutch pilot bearings

> OK, so the core plugs in the back of the block *weren't* leaking :(  BUT,
> one at the back of the heads was. I think I can get to them from the back
> with the tranny out, worst case I'd have to pull the heads anyway(can you
> say 'escalation'?).

I saw some unique core expansion plugs at my local Pep Boys. They were hollow inside and conical shaped looking at the
side, with a stud in the middle of one. Tightening the nut on the stud would pull the two halves together, expanding
it. They were copper in color, I don't know if it was a plating or if they were all copper. I thought at the time they
would be perfect for the rear heads. If I had known the size I would have bought some then and there. I could go back
and look again, hunt for a part number maybe.

- Jim in Mesa
Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved