Re: [ihc] Special Tools, Help?

on 2/26/04 6:40 PM, John M. Adams at jma@domain.elided wrote:

> I may not be understanding that last part... It looks like the shafts of
> those two items (where the shaft is 90 degrees opposed to the collet) would
> act as a handle. The hundred and some odd cylindrical "bits" (for my lack of
> a better word) fit into the collets, and through the anvil guide, and then
> the narrow shaft (handle) can be used to turn and position the bits
> radially. I can't see a way to put the collet shafts into the holes on the
> anvil. They aren't long enough.

No, I didn't have any idea what the two things were lying in front of the
box. The collets that I was talking about are in the box in the front row or
two. I THINK they close on a shaft or whatever as the collet is forced down
into one of the anvil holes. If so, the collets must have tapered shafts.

John