Re: [ihc] What's wrong with this truck?

IH didn't ship strange trucks to Australia.  They grew there--it must
have been something in the water, or perhaps because they were built
upside down!  But I'm sure our designs looked just as strange to them.
The IH Australian Company was an independent subsidiary, as were the IH
companies in many countries.  IHC Canada seemed to be more closely tied
to the US company, probably because of the relatively short distances and
similar cultures involved.

Australia started with IH designs and components on trucks (and tractors)
they built, but incorporated local influences such as the larger cab and
sometimes local components.

Crismon has some pictures in his book.  P331 shows a 61 Australian A
B-130 and 184 noting this used the A-line cab with Chrysler Australia
front sheet metal.  P390 shows a 66 C-1100 and C-1840 similar to this
truck and P471 shows the 83 D-110 and D1610 models.  Other variations of
the US IH designs were produced in Turkey, shown on P440, 504, 523, and
534.  Dina of Mexico also had variations, but these seemed mostly to be
grille and trim variations.

Howard

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:52:46 -0700 "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
writes:

> http://home.bresnan.net/~j.adams/misc/oldc1200.jpg
>
> The group is an IH forum based in Australia. This truck had the
caption,
> "Paul's old C1200, since sold", or something very close to that. No
other
> comments or info. My question is, What is it? It doesn't look right.
I've