Re: [ihc] What's wrong with this truck?

Crisomn's book is the only comprenhensive history of IH trucks that I've
seen and about the only place I've seen much on the models built
overseas, and there isn't that much on them.  I think he included what he
found pictures of in the IH Archives and I don't think the archives were
that complete regarding the trucks not built in the US.  I know of one
built in Canada, the C-99, predecessor to the C-900 series, that he
appeared to find nothing on because it's not in the book.

Incidentlally, if you watch for a rerun of Crocidile Dundee, you'll find
a scene where a water buffalo is blocking the road as Dundee drives an IH
similar to the one in your photo--not sure it's exactly the same however.

Howard

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:12:24 -0700 "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
writes:
> Mac & Howard,
> Thanks for the informative responses. Where can I find this type of
> information? (besides here...) Is this mostly from Fred Crismon's book?
> need to get a copy of that...  Howard refers to it, but I'm wondering,
is
> there another source as well for this type of history? I have the
> Brownell & Ertel book, but what else is out there? Thanks again, -John
A.