[ihc] Re: good flare tool?

Jim in Mesa-
I just recently finally got around to buying a good one from Snap-On after
about two or three garage sale and 'Traveling Chinese Tool Sale' attempts. The
Snappy guy had a couple choices, this was the cheapest and it came without the
tubing cutter, but it seems to work pretty well. It's amazing how when the
tubing is held solidly in the die how easy it will flare!  Snap-On guy told me
that this was the one about 90% of the local techs were using, so I figured
that was good enough for me. IIRC, it was about $40 give or take. I do still
need to get a good tubing cutter or a new blade for mine, but I wasn't gonna
pay Snap-On's price for the one they had with the flaring tool as a 'kit'.
Dennis