[ihc] Custom toolage

I've had a chance to make several custom jobs lately, at least one of which
is truly IH-specific:

1: Axle pinion nut removal u-joint yoke wrench - piece of 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" x
3/16" angle iron(from the scrap rack)about 2' long. U joint yoke bolt
pattern drilled in one end. 2" or so hole in the middle of that pattern(hole
saw + drill press = VERY noisy ;) )to clear the custom ground 1 5/16" socket
I made long ago to pull the pinion nut on SF D60's. Works on anything with
that size u-joint, I expect if I ever need one for a larger size I'll just
use the other end for the new pattern. The end sits on the shop floor and
takes the impact wrench punishment in place of the pinion gear.

2: Axle tube scraper - piece of 1/2" OD tubing about 30" long, approx. 2" OD
washer welded to one end at about a 25% offset from centered.

3. SII engine rear support - stick of 2" x 2" x .120" wall square tube(54.5"
long IIRC) with 2 chunks of 1" x 1" tube about 3" long welded crosswise on
the ends. Those are the feet that sit in the top channel of the front
fenders(where the bolts are, covered by the hood when closed). Center is
clearance drilled for a 1/2" x 6" or so eye bolt. Chain across the backs of
the heads goes through the eye bolt, which is tensioned to support the back
of the motor when pulling the tranny. I think this one's straight out of the
factory shop manual. If I was tight on space and didn't have access to all
the free 2x2 tubing I can use, I'd make the bar long enough to do a full
size and figure out a bolt-on adjustable setup for one of the feet.

JoelB

What other special IH specific tools are there that people have come up
wtih you make life easier?
- -I'm all ears!