RE: [ihc] Stuck Clutch Remedies

In the late 70's, early 80's, I worked at a farm equipment dealer that sold
the Yanmar line of small japanese made tractors.  These were shipped in
wooden crates partially assembled.  Several of these tractors would have the
clutches stuck upon assembly, from the salt water environment in shipping I
think.  We tried everything to get them unstuck, from banging them into dirt
banks, high gear and low gear stomping on the brakes, even putting them in
gear, holding the brakes and hitting the starter.  Usually nothing would
break them loose.  We'd have to split the tractors, take off the pressure
plate, and you could pop the disc loose with your fingers, but you sure
couldn't do it otherwise.  Even after these tractors were sold, if they sat
for a while the clutch would stick again.  We'd always tell people to tie
the clutch down if they left them sit a while.

Kurt