[ihc] Stuck Clutch Remedies

What are some of those remedies I have heard mentioned about unsticking a
clutch?  This is a vehicle (T'all, 4WD, 4 speed)  that has been sitting a few
years, and the clutch is supposedly kind of rusted to the surface or
something-will NOT release!

If I spray it with PB for a few days, then bang around with a hammer, then try
it a few times, should that help?  Or should I not even waste my time on this
approach and drag it around the block a few times first, etc.  And when
dragging it, what are the procedures again?  Try to drop it into gear while
pulling it or something?  I know this sounds violent, but I remember it being
mentioned a time or two as a way to free up a frozen clutch.

Thanks!

Michael