Re: [ihc] Postal 800 Purchased + help with some questions

At 5:56 PM -0500 2/16/04, David Bongo wrote:
Well, guys, I did it. I bought Fleck's Postal 800. Gas Tank - it currently has a 10 Gal tank. That's not enough. I'm
going to check on the Binder Bulletin (there apparently was a discussion
on this a while back, but John can't remember the details) but there is
a tank that fits under the bed. John thinks it was a plastic tank from
an '89 Ford Van, but he's not sure. Anybody here know offhand?
Dave
Dave,
I remember seeing that article on the Bulletin. I thought it was from a Ford F350.
The only other option beyond two stock 10/11 gallon tanks or a new one is aux tanks. I bought a few years ago a pair of aux tanks for an 800, they go inside the wheel well behind the wheels, tucked up to the side-hump in the bed. They have an integral fill neck (which would require a new hole on each side of the scout) and, to show how old they are, have a fitting on the bottom of the tank. The PO sold them as a rare option, but I've never seen any mention of them anywhere. They look like they'd hold a good 10 gallons each. I've never gotten to installing them or the Warn O/D -- which combined, I thought, might give me a highway range of 800 miles or so!
Anyway, this is the only pair I've seen. If you're interested in them drop me a line off-list. I just bought a new truck and will be selling the IHs (for real this time) very shortly. More on that to follow after a few more hours breaking ice on the reservoir. yeeha!
Best to all,
Joel
--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Boatman, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)