[ihc] S-130 redux

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:59:14 -0700
From: "Allan Ericson" <lowvolt@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Can anyone tell me th year model of this truck?

S 100 series trucks were made in 55-56. A100 series were 57-58, and the B
were 59-60. They have the same frame as the earlier (L, R, and S) trucks
AFAIK, and I believe the same frame was used through 60 in the B series.

It's likely that the 69-73 axles will bolt on, but you will have to measure.
I'm sure something would work.
Hmmm...as someone with pretty much all of them here to compare directly, I find the L/R/S frame to have more in common with the earlier D/K/KB series. 'Pinched' front frame rails and non-parallel(vee'd) 1 3/4" wide front springs. Contrast that to the 'modern' A/B series frames with parallel frame rails and parallel 2 1/2" wide springs. *If* there's a possibility of hub interchange, it'd be a lot easier than adapting later axles.

Jim