Re: [ihc] Possible Scout purchase - advice requested, B/W auto tranny

Ryan Moore wrote:

> [...]

I just asked John about it, and he said that it's a fairly common tranny
and parts are readily available.  He said that a transmission shop would
not have any problems getting parts or fixing one.  I suppose your local
Autozone may not stock a rebuild kit, but since I wouldn't even consider
rebuilding it on my own, that's not really an issue.  As long as the
professionals can get it, I'll be happy.  I did discuss swapping in a
727, but that would be contingent on the 727 being able to run at an
angle.  And, I felt, it probably wasn't worth the effort to do it.
Probably would cost more to do it than it'd be worth (especially since
the BW is apparently easy to get parts for.)

Dave