Re: [ihc] RHD vs. LHD steering boxes

> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:34:14 -0700
> From: Joel M Brodsky <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
> Subject: [ihc] RHD vs. LHD steering boxes

The chore is in locating a box that mounts in the proper position.
There isn't one.  The only RHD box out there is a manual box.  Can't get
power on that.  The only boxes I know of that mount on the RHS of the
frame rail are the mythic T/A box, the Ford box mentioned earlier in
this thread, and a Corvette box from (IIRC) the '60s.  None of which
(AFAIK) share the same mounting hole pattern.  Any solution, it would
seem, requires some fabrication.  Personally, on an 258 equipped Scout,
I think fabricating a pump bracket is probably easier than drilling and
sleeving the frame.  But that's just me.  On a V8 Scout, you'll have to
drill new holes anyway so you might as well mount the box in a spot
where it's natural movement will work.

Dave