Re: [ihc] Deering Works For Sale! ;-)

Ryan,

I don't see any lines on my screen, but ....

I do see some variations in lighting, but I suspect the original had variations in lighting from being taken the way it was.

Because of the lens used, panoramic pictures then, and to some extent today, have a light fall-off toward the edges of the pictures rendering the center of the photograph darker than the edges.

Very high quality panoramic cameras today, such as the Hasselblad, use a mechanically driven lens that rotates from side to side, rather than trying to get the panorama effect through the grinding of a panoramic lens.

John