RE: [ihc] What's in your rear end?

At 11:20 AM 2/7/04, Steven Stegmann wrote:
>Greg,
>
>Can you post a URL to a picture of these bearings.  I'm having a problem
>visualizing them.

Don't have one. The outer race has shoulders on both sides of its inside
diameter which capture the rollers endwise. the inner race has a good sized
shoulder on one side and is flush with the eds of the rollers on the other
side--so that it will slip right out of the outer race/roller assembly in
one direction. The retaining ring provides the other shoulder for the
rollers when the bearing and ring are assembled onto an axle.

No cage. the rollers have JUST enough room between them so that the last
one can be inserted into the outer race. And, it's a tight squeeze at that.

Greg