Re: [ihc] Intermittent Starter

Bill,

The most common cause of the symptoms that you are experiencing is the
signal that is getting to the solenoid. Many, many of us have resolved
that problem by putting a Ford solenoid on the firewall, and letting
the signal from the ignition switch activate the Ford solenoid, and
have the Ford solenoid send the signal on to the Delco starter.

There are two versions of this "fix", the one I use which is to use the
Ford solenoid as a relay, and a more complicated "fix" that has the
Ford solenoid replace the switching function of the Delco solenoid.
There is  write-up on the BB FAQ of this complicated fix. Our Tom M.
and others will say that it is not all that complicated, but the relay
solution is certainly more "above-board". <g>

John