Re: [ihc] High back buckets

Looking through my somewhat limited Light Line literature, I have found
the following:

1 1974 T/A brochure says "NEW High Back Bucket Seats with arm rests" and
price list spells out high back seats with inboard folding arm rests,
Code 16984, and 16985 with a reclining passenger seat.

2. 1973 T/A price book says "Bucket Front Seats with Console", code
16858, which implies a low back seat to me.

3. 1974 and 1975 Pickup brochures do not show buckets in any form while
they are shown in the T/A brochures.  I don't have a Pickup price list to
see if they offered or not.

4. The MT-136 Parts book for 74-75 shows Travelalls and Travelettes as
having high back buckets with a console, but the Wagonmaster buckets are
w/o console and the page for the seat itself shows only the seat w/o
console.  I am not sure how you serviced the console for the high back.

5. The MT-136 shows the low back buckets with console, Code 16858,  for
use in the standard (P/U) cab.  These are all mounted on a tube frame
much like the base of a bench seat while the high backs had individual
risers.  As someone noted, the console arm rest folded up for a seat
back, but it was stamped "Not a Seat" because no seat belt was provided.
I would suspect the added height of the high back took too much room in a
standard P/U cab so the low backs were used there

6. The Scout buckets starting in 1975 are described as "mid-high buckets"
and would not have been the exact same seats as the T/A because the Scout
seats folded forward while the T/A did not and the Scout seats did not
offer the arm rest.  It could be possible the T/A seats came from the
same basic seat design, although it seems to me they may have been higher
than the Scout's.  Something to look for at the next Nationals, I guess.
The Scout buckets were the same seat used in the Chevy Vega.  The pillow
back version was used only in 1980.

Howard