[ihc] Re: High back buckets

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Rocky Lear" <rockylear@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 20:08
Subject: [ihc] High back buckets

> Were highback bucket seats...or any kind of bucket seat/center console
setup...ever available in an IH pickup or t-all? I bought a 79 Traveller
that I am going to part out and it has pillow styled highbacks in it but if
there ever was a console between them...it is long gone. TIA!

> Rocky

As I recall, high back buckets are shown in my MT-131 parts book.
(covers 71-73 pickups/travelalls as I recall)
Never seen them actually in a truck though.  They fit the same tube frame
that holds the low back buckets/console arrangement that seems
to be more common in Travelalls than pickups.  The console
has an armrest, and folded up it forms a seat back, but the part
you sit on clearly states "Not a seat", or something like that.
Though it works well as one!
I would not be too surprised if the pickup/travelall high backs are the
same P/N as high back Scout II seats.
Given the shortness of the cab, you might have to have them forward
quite a bit if there is any angle on the seat back.

Allan W.
72 1210 Pickup