Re: [ihc] Power Steering (again)

If you can see the gearbox moving under static conditions, think what it
must be doing on the road!  You are correct you must give it some
support.  You are also correct that a straight steer cannot be used since
that bolts on to the gear mounting bolts and would pass right through
your gear box.  I would suggest that you have a welder build up some a
bracket that attaches the gearbox rigidly to the frame, then make a
straight steer-like brace over to the opposite frame rail from the top of
that bracket to keep the frame from flexing.

If you should revert to a manual RHD gearbox, note that the LHD gearboxes
have tubes inside the frame around the bolts to keep from crushing the
frame and I would expect the same was done with the RHD..

Howard