Re: [ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #314

>I get the feeling this is a lead in for a sarcastic post.  I would like
>to hear it.
>-Colin Rush

   Hah! I knew there would be some suck... er, ah, person who hasn't heard
my famous Thermoquad rebuild Tech Talk.
   Step One, find yourself a nice sturdy metal bucket, about 5 gallons, big
enough to fit the carb into fully.
  Step Two, find yourself a nice empty concrete or asphalt parking lot, make
sure there are no cars around anywhere.
   Step Three, in the sturdy metal bucket place the Thermoquad gently into
the bottom, taking care not to damage the phenolic base plate.
   Step Four, pour 94 Octane gasoline in the bucket, completely submerging
the carb. (Note, Aviation fuel would be better, but is a bit more expensive
)
   Step Five, Light gasoline on fire with a long match and run like the wind
away from the sturdy metal bucket!
   Step Six, call Summit Racing and order a Edelbrock 1406.
   Step Seven, after the fire has gone out recover the metal bucket and wash
it out thouroghly it will be useful when you want to rebuild your Gold Box
Dizzy later.

   I hope I was helpful with my rebuild instructions, this method has worked
for me in the past, I hope it works for you.
Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided