Re: [ihc] Scout warm up issues...

Ryan,

My two probables are the choke malfunctioning (or something else in the carb), or something with the de-acceleration box thing acting up. I don't really know much about those little boxes, but this kind of sounds something related to their territory... (I've never actually run one so, who knows.....) As to carbs, the choke system on the 2210's was never the best, the thermo-spring on your intake may not be opening the choke as soon as it needs to, or it might be opening too soon. See, just another reason to go to a 2300, then you can have an electric or manual choke, both work far better than the one on the 2210. Finally, I wouldn't worry too much about the flapper in the exhaust so long as it moves. I've never noticed them making a difference, Warhorse had one that was stuck open so I pitched it. I think my Spirit actually had one that worked, but I never put it back on when I put the motor in Jersey, haven't noticed any difference....

Dave