From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Tom
Reed
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 12:15 PM
To: ihc@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [ihc] Scout warm up issues...

Hello Ryan,

Sounds like your float needle is about shot. What happens is that as the
begin to fail they start to seep more fuel the engine uses at idle and as
the fuel level in the bowl of the carb raises it starts to flood. This is my
usual indicator it's time to put a new kit in the carb.

You can confirm this diagnosis by looking down the carb while it's running.
If you see dripping fuel that's probably it. You might also see some fuel
seepage around the throttle shaft.

Tom Reed