Re: [ihc] High pressure tanks

Is there a way to tell if a tank is cro-mo or stainless?

 When I preped the area on the tank for taping in the drain cock the
grinder produced very little in the way of sparks. I had no problems
welding a protective ring of steel tubing around the drain. The tubing
is left over from a roll cage, smitty built tube.

It's too cold in my shop to see if the tank will rust.

Willy