[ihc] Colin considering coolants

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:10:42 -0600
From: Colin Gebhart <colin@domain.elided>
Subject: Re[2]: [ihc] NPG tech papers

So I was reading some of this and thinking to myself...

I can't remember the name of the company where John buys his NPG but
it sounds like its pretty expensive and a little hard to obtain,
especially in a pinch. And yes, I know I could search the digest
pretty quick but just being lazy.

But I wonder if it would be ok to use Sierra or Prestone low-tox at
100% strength as John's vendor suggests with their product? This way
you would hopefully get the benefits of a waterless coolant/low
toxicity/not expensive and it would still be easy to get more if
necessary.

The downside would be reduced heat transfer vs. a mix with H2O.

Jim