[ihc] RE: Audible RHD Power steering

From: David Bongo [mailto:dbongo@domain.elided]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 6:06 PM
To: IHC Digest; jgrammer@domain.elided
Subject: Audible RHD Power steering

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. <snip>
If you tell me how to contact Coonrod's for the RHD box, I'll give 'em a
try.  Unless I manage to locate 'em on the web between now and when you
reply.

Let me know if those overpriced RHD Terras ever come down to a good
price.  I work with a guy delivering out of his new LHD Ford Ranger, and
he'd like to get a Scout.  A Terra might be a little big, but I imagine
it'd be better than what he is using.  Plus, the Terra is easily
convertible to a Traveller, right?  (I might even buy one, come to think
of it.  More transmission woes from my Cherokee...not the best backup
vehicle, IMHO.)

Dave

Lifted from the BB vendor section:

"COONROD'S IH
Phil Coonrod
P.O. Box 146
49352 Hwy 285
Grant CO 80448
(303) 838-8505

Phil is an auto recycler who specializes in exclusively International
Harvester parts. Many of you know him from his former partnership in "Metro
Import Salvage".  Engines, transmissions, sheet metal, axles, springs, trim,
seats, -- you name it, Phil has it.  Phil has been an active sponsor of the
Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous since its inception in 1994."

The Terras are in Merced, CA. Former irrigation district mosquito abatement
rigs(think spray booms oiling canals). Under 100k, 345 autos IIRC. School
bus yellow/orange. They have been sitting practically forever at an auto
salvage yard as part of the inventory that's 'not being parted and never
seems to go anywhere'. Asking price was $2500 each, and last time I talked
to them(3-4 years ago)they weren't interested in taking offers. I have
checked up on them every time I've been to Merced, most recently about 4
months ago. Now that my grandmother has passed I don't expect I'll be over
there again anytime soon, although there *is* a 1310 dump on a tow lot ;).
Let me know if you need contact info on the Terras and I'll try to dig it
out.

Yes, a Terra to Traveler is a bolt-on transform.

Jim