Re: [ihc] Tire question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin M Rush" <salmineo@domain.elided>

> I found a place today that has a set of aluminum 15" rims that I am
> interested in for a '69 1210.  They are 8-bolt with five large oval slots
> like the mid-70s Jeeps had.  I have always liked those rims, so I am
> thinking of getting them.  However, they have a set of tires on them that
> I do not necessarily need, but would get with the rims if I have to, if
> they fit my truck.  They are 37" x 12.50 Wrangler MT tires, Load Range D.

Colin-

The rims "might" fit, but it really depends on the way it's constructed.
I've used 15 inch 8 lug rims before on 73 1210 axles that were on a 66
travelall.

The tires will not fit. Mac is correct, you really can't go above 34-35"
tires. They will rub on the fenders and on the steering gear/springs.

On the other hand, it's not hard to lift a 1200 pickup.

<side note>

There's no such thing as a 69 1210. The 1210 did not appear until some time
in 71. It was a mid-year model change. There were 1200 and 1210 trucks sold
that year. There really isn't any important difference between the two until
late 72 when the open knuckle axles replaced the closed knuckle axles.

-Allan