[ihc] BW TQ3 - rise of the Detroit Gear machines

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:35:17 -0800
From: Colin M Rush <salmineo@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] Re:  BW TQ3 - rise of the Detroit Gear machines

Yah, what did those come in?  I cannot think of it, but maybe if you
dropped some hints?

If I have my history correct OTOMH, early 50's Studes and Hudsons. Developed
for Studebaker who had the say in who DG could make them for. Ford wanted
them, Stude said no. There's an IH Sales Engineering Bulletin showing them
available in R series light trucks up through the R-140. I have never heard
of a confirmed IH install, and they're not shown in the R series parts
catalog I have. Something of a mystery. You're right, it would be
interesting to get ahold of one to see if the IH spec BW converter housing
would work.

Jim