Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:10:03 -0800
From: Colin M Rush <salmineo@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] Re: BW trannies

I believe the TC shop that charged so much for the IHC TC was indeed
working on the bolt-together unit.  Without looking at them, I would
venture a guess that they might very well be interchangeable.  If not, I
suspect it would only be because the oil pump drives are different, but a
person could have the pump drive replaced at the TC shop with the drive
to fit your oil pump.  From what I have seen of the BW and FMX, I suspect
the oil pump gears could be interchanged too (instead of having the oil
pump drive modified), but again, a person would have to play with it to
see.  I have it on the 'someday' list to look into some of these things,
but I am so strung out with work for some folks in my AMC club, fixing my
car and my Jeep, and getting my '69 PU home that it probably will not be
this year.
- -Colin