Re: [ihc] fuel gauge problem

on 1/13/04 7:33 PM, John M. Adams at jma@domain.elided wrote:

> I agree that it is likely a ground problem, but nothing goes anywhere near
> the clutch pedal, hydraulics, bell housing, transmission, etc. I've already
> traced it out. For route and proximity, anyway - I haven't found the fault
> yet, obviously. When I do, I'll post again. I just think this is
> particularly strange. Like owning an old 6-volt Volkswagen again. Got to
> hold your thoughts just so, if you want that turn signal to blink... I'll
> let you know when I figure it out. Thanks, -John A.

John,

For some reason, I missed your original post. I guess that you disconnected
the wire at the fuel tank and the gauge still read full. If so, Ryan is
correct your wire is grounded somewhere.

If disconnecting the wire at the fuel sender let the gauge return to empty,
then your problem is in the sender. It's stuck up high on the resistance
winding.

John

Please reply to me at hofs@domain.elided for the time being.
Messages addressed by just hitting reply will not get to me.