Re: [ihc] Radiatior expansion tank

on 1/10/04 9:47 PM, mark stegmann at truckdriver_1977@domain.elided wrote:

> I agree that a flare tool isn't that expensive, but
> don't buy an el-cheapo either. Get a name brand tool,
> like Lisle or even K-D has one I think, and their
> tools aren't too bad. If you have more money than
> common sense, get an OTC.
>
> Mark, parts store veteran for too damn long!!!!!!

I agree with Mark in that a cheapo flaring tool, regardless of price, isn't
a good investment.

Also, a person who is going to be using their flaring tool for auto work
needs a tool that does double flaring for brake work. In double flaring, the
quality tool really pays off.

Besides the two brands Mark mentions there a number of other good brands.
There is a Mac flaring tool for sale on E-bay right now, but I don't care
for the looks of it.

My Edelman is made of laminated strips and is a really nice tool. Rigid used
to make a great tool and maybe Home Depot sells their tool.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs