Re: Hofs' Mig Cart (Was [ihc] My Christmas Present)

on 1/11/04 6:28 PM, DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided at DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided wrote:

> =From: John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
> =Subject: Re: [ihc] My Christmas Present
>
> =Hey Mike,
> =snippy=
> =......................... I did do
> =a review on the welding cart I bought from Harbor Freight. <sg>
> =snip-eroony=
> =John
>
> John,
> Searching the IHC archives, I cant find your cart review.
> Did you get the;
> 131-3VGA Chicago Electric
> MIG WELDER CART  for $39.99
> or the
> 4338-0VGA
> WELDER CART for $59.99 ?
>
> Looks like the cheaper one has a flat top surface and a squared off
> appearance, while the other is angled and looks more substantial.

That's the one I got. The story I told was that as soon as I put the welder
on the table it collapsed. The squares in the design rapidly became rhombi.
Fortunately, I was still close enough to the collapsing table to catch it
before it hit the floor.

Pile of crap! It is now reinforced with crass bars making the rhombi into
double and quadruple triangles. It'll get me by this way.

Honestly, Mike, I don't know how Harbor Freight could in any conscience sell
the damn thing.

> Do you like it?

Guess I already answered that question. <g>

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs