Re: [ihc] My Christmas Present

=From: John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
=Subject: Re: [ihc] My Christmas Present
=snip=

=I bought a SMALL gas bottle for my new Lincoln about a month ago.
=Talk about expensive!

=Maybe, and hopefully, you'll find it cheaper there.

=John

Well John,

I would hope so too. :-)
Small welding gas tanks are 135.00
each for an 80 size, the smallest available here.
Thats why Im getting it "next" week.
It comes full, and 30 to 40 smackers after that for each
and every refill with Argon/C02 mix.

Actually refill is a misnomer.  When the used bottle that they
sell you is empty, you take it in and swap it for another
used full bottle. They do refills, but not while you wait.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
=From: "Jeff Randolph @ Bigscout79"
=<Bigscout79@domain.elided>

=Congrats - let us know how you like it - I'm in the market too.

Will do Jeff.
I looked at the 220 machines, but I dont have a need for that
kind of power.
I looked at the lower end machines, but no gas capability on some.
The Harbor Freight/CampHous machines are lower priced, but Lincoln
has a good rep, and I dont know about HF/CH welders.
Good name, warranty, price, features, sold me.
This one was mid range on the price, with lots of features,
and has the 120 VAC interface that I want for max portability.
Ill have a complete review in a month or two.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54