Re: [ihc] 4x4 truck questions

From: "Allan Ericson" <lowvolt@domain.elided>
To: "Rocky Lear" <rockylear@domain.elided>, <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] 4x4 truck questions
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:14:06 -0700
<snip>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rocky Lear" <rockylear@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 5:53 PM
Subject: [ihc] 4x4 truck questions

> Merry Christmas everyone!! Here is a question for all you guys who are
into factory options etc. I was looking through the binderbulletin and saw a
73 1210 shortbed standard cab for sale. Could such a truck be ordered or
were they available as regular dealer stock? I have seen many crewcabs with
the short box...both stepside and fleetside, as this particular truck is
equipped...but I have never seen one with an original 3/4 ton 4x4 drive
train. If this is original, it looks like a 1310 could have been ordered up
the very same way. What do you think?

> Rocky

Yes, you could have ordered a 1300 short bed, 119" wb. For the most part, it
doesn't make sense to do that, but without a doubt, you could put 1310 axles
on a 1210 if you so desired.
Except the 1310 axles will be set up for different springs up front than the 1210 used if it's a 4x4.

The 1310 4x4s seem to use narrower springs than the 1110,1210, and 1310 2x4 trucks for some reason. They are the same springs in the C series apparently. Only know this because my friend Ed's father in law has a 1310 4x4 with a bent main leaf up front and he found that out while checking out on getting a new one (I think for the time being he's not worrying about it). Guess the springs might still bolt up to the axle, but it could lead to problems if it's true on all years.

-Ryan

Expand your wine savvy  and get some great new recipes  at MSN Wine. http://wine.msn.com