[ihc] Airing Out The Tools and Saturday Rat Killin'

Enjoyed the thread on shop air plumbing techniques... If the day ever comes
for me to either plumb my garage or design a new shop for air (and I'd LIKE
to!), I have a clue what I might do now.

Right now my air tools are powered by a medium sized (how's that for
non-specifics?) Snap-On roll-around. It's prob not as nice as many of the
uprights guys have discussed here, but to my amazement it can keep up with
my impact gun (50-400 foot/pounds, requires 5.5 CFM), and the compressor can
"almost" keep up with my pneumatic hammer, which is evidently a WORSE air
pig than the impact gun! So it meets most of my needs, most of the time.
That, and 150' of hose (2 75' runs)allow me to go pretty much wherever I
need to around the house.

Today's projects/IHC content: It's actually 59 degrees here! I'm going
outside for a few... Replacing the side front side marker lights with ones I
got off eBay (an old one cracked when my spring holder busted). The ones off
eBay look darn near brand new! Also, have a meter (but not the Fluke,
*&^%$#@!) to troubleshoot that troublesome right rear running/brake light.

And I found an old but 'industrial strength' looking water filter for my
compressor.  It was in some OLD tools a long since retired mechanic friend
gave me. We'll install it in-line with the compressor and see what good it
does!

Attn 'John the grammarian': Is "troubleshoot that troublesome..." redundant
& superfluous? %^}

Stay well, great weekend all!

Later...

--Pete

     .===============.
   ||( )| | | | | |( )||	Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |	'77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]	More 'stock' than 'not'!
http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]  \_/        [\>\]	http://www.pferris.com/scout