RE: [ihc] Open vs closed knuckle info sought

I think the difference is something like 17 degree steering closed and 32
degree open, but I might be off a couple of degrees plus or minus. On my
truck (67 1100), the limiting factor wouldn't be solved with just a modified
or replacement box. The backing plates at the wheel ends just don't have the
clearance beyond a certain point, and even if they did, I'm not sure the
extra travel is there in the knuckles. I would have to replace all of the
steering components to see an improvement. But as you say, then some
strength is lost. Kind of like everything else in life - it's a trade
ff...  -John A.

---