From: "Rocky Lear" <rockylear@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 9:36 PM
Subject: [ihc] Open vs closed knuckle info sought

> This has probably been covered before here and in the other forums but I
thought I would ask again. I am trying to determine if switching over to
open knuckles will actually help the truck turn and drive better or if the
chunk of money to do such a conversion would be better spent elsewhere. Does
anyonoe know the degree radius comparison of the two types? Can boxes be
switched around or modified to improve the radius? It could just be that the
factory box does not have enough stop to stop clearance and if this is true,
there may be a way to overcome it. I would like to find a way to improve the
turning radius as best I can without spending $1000 for open knuckle parts.
Plus, leaving it as it is now, it is much stonger.  The hubs and bearings on
this axle are twice the size of the 60 stuff. Any help or recommendations
would be appreciated!